AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIP
UNDERGRADUATE NURSING STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
Georgia Indian Nurses Association wants to help remove financial barriers and promote nursing education by providing financial assistance. GINA is offering a $200 scholarship for two eligible undergraduate or associate degree nursing students from India. Scholarship is awarded annually during Nurses Day celebration.
How It Works
1. To be considered for the GINA scholarship, you must apply for it by April 15th
2. Currently enrolled in a state approved associate degree or baccalaureate degree nursing program
3. Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 or its equivalent
4. One letter of recommendation from the faculty/ instructor
5. Student must have at least one more year to complete the nursing program
To Get Started
Simply submit the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15th.
1. Completed and signed application form
2. Transcript records (Mark Sheet) for the last two semesters or quarters or the year
3. Letter of Recommendation: Section A & B
4. 250-to-300-word (double-spaced) essay on “Why did you choose Nursing?”
To promote unity among nursing professionals of Indian heritage to strive for professional excellence in nursing practice and healthcare through the empowerment and renewal of cultural identity of all nurses in the state of Georgia and to promote health awareness to our surrounding Indian community.
As an organization of professional nurses and nursing students of Indian origin/heritage, we are committed to:
- Caring, compassionate, ethical, and exceptional healthcare practices
- Client and family centered relationships and advocacy
- Accountability and responsibility for evidence-based practice
- Continuous personal and professional development of self and others
- Collaboration and innovation